Wednesday, May 15, 2019

My Friend's Adventure in Building

My friend Robert is planning a new home in New Hampshire.  As he has no computer, I will let him take over the administration of the blog for a time.  I may still post to it, as he is planning to spread this over a long time, He can relate his adventure in building to you.  I am of course all the way in my terribly unfinished house, with little opportunity to use the computer, so I guess this is the best of all worlds.
So, welcome Bob to the world of blogging and building.

Thanks.  I am planning to build here in New Hampshire so I can have a comfortable retirement home.  I already have a Tiny House, that is how I met Bill with a common interest before he went away to start over. 

I have always wanted a small house, but it is a little difficult to live in the tiny space I constructed.  I really do not mind the lack of space, but I miss all my possessions.  I got rid of most everything when I retired, but I have retained many of my best things that are sitting in storage here, not far from Conway.
I have purchased a piece of land that has a couple of sites to use for housing.  One site is not too far from the road, is easy to get in and out of and as it is already cleared and rather "park-like" will be fine for my Tiny House.  It will be a fine guest house when I am finished with my new venture. 

The other end of the property, on the high ground of a topographically diverse lot will need a great amount of work to site the house.  This is fine, as I will have to do a lot of saving up and preparatory work...basically finishing old projects...before I can build.  That is in addition to the fact that I have very little money. The tiny house consumed a lot of my ready funds, and now I will have to accomplish all this on my meager retirement income.  It will not help that I am paying roughly 40% of my income for the land.

 

I look at this as an opportunity to... Do it right... Slow and steady will be the watchword.  I hope that you will not get bored with my project as it will be at least two to three years before I finish.  Meanwhile, I must move and finish my current screen house in order to use it to store the furniture I have in storage.  That will free up some money to devote to the new project.

At the same time, I hope that doing this project so slowly and with so little money might inspire others to do the same.  You can do a great deal with just your two hands to drive a project forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment